Dr. Faiz Ur Rehman
Dr. Amber Malik
Dr. Nauman Naseer
Dr. Uzma Kazmi
Dr. M. Saleem Akhtar
Dr. Syed Abbas Raza
Dr. M. Aasim Yusuf
Dr. M. Qayyum Khan
Dr. Faisal Zeb
Dr. M. Saqib Saleem
Dr. Haroon Hafeez (Head of the Department)
Dr. Hina Jawaid
Dr. Faisal Sultan
Dr. Ashraf Ali Khan
Dr. Yasser Hussain
Dr. Qasim Bashir
Dr. Syed Arslan Khalid
Dr. Sheheryar Jovindah
Dr. Faheem Mahmood Butt
Dr. Shoaib Alam
Dr. Syed Yasir Iftikhar
There are twenty four Part II positions.
Facilities & ServicesCancer Screening Clinics
Executive Health Clinics
Consultation and Inpatient Services in the areas of :
- General Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Febrile neutropaenia service
- HIV infection
The Infectious Diseases service is in the process of obtaining
recognition as a training site leading to the FCPS in Infectious
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Echocardiography Exercise
- Treadmill Testing
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Bronchoscopy with lavage and biopsy
- Transbronchial biopsy
- Foreign body removal
- Critical Care Service
- Modern ICU with facilities for mechanical ventilation and invasive monitoring
- Staffed by fully qualified respiratory technicians and ICU nurses
- Supervision by a full time Intensive Care Specialist
The department runs daily Consultant run clinics for GI disorders.
- Liver Diseases
The hospital is a referral center for cirrhosis and its complications. Consultants are well-versed in innovative and comprehensive therapies for liver disease including complications of cirrhosis. The Hospital is a tertiary referral center for primary liver cancer or hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Medical, surgical, and radiological specialists cooperate closely to diagnose and treat all types of liver disease and disorders including liver masses. Staff have extensive experience with relatively uncommon hepatobiliary procedures including resection of biliary tract cancer, resection of liver cancer, ablation of liver cancers using a radio frequency probe and chemoembolization of liver tumors.
- Endoscopy Services
Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Center provides state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic facilities. The purpose-built, endoscopy Unit provides facilities for all endoscopic procedures and is fully equipped with the latest videoscopes and recording systems. A computerized reporting system ensures a permanent record is maintained of all the procedures performed. International standards of cleansing and sterilization of equipment are followed to ensure patient safety.
- Upper GI Endoscopy (oesophago-gastroduodenoscopy)
Diagnostic and therapeutic OGD including dilatation, polypectomy, banding, metallic stent placement, argon plasma coagulation (APC) therapy, metallic stent and percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) placement
- Lower GI endoscopy (Colonoscopy)
Diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy including polypectomy, dilatation, argon plasma coagulation (APC) and metallic stent placement.
- Endoscopic retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP including biliary / pancreatic stone removal and / or stent placement, both plastic as well as metallic.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
Diagnosis and staging of esophageal cancer
Diagnosis and staging of pancreatic cancer
EUS guided FNA of mediastinal masses/lymph nodes
EUS guided pancreatic mass FNA
EUS-guided aspiration of cystic lesions
Coeliac axis neurolysis for pain control
Diagnosis, imaging and treatment of pancreatic pseudocysts
- Other Tests / Procedures
Small bowel enteroscopy
PEG tube change
Training The department is recognized for both FCPS and MRCP training in Medicine.
The department offers a one year diploma in Respiratory Therapy.
MRCP PACES courses.
ResearchThe department provides an infrastructure, superior teamwork and an excellent environment for the house staff and faculty to be involved in Clinical Research independently and in collaboration with other institutions.
Selective publications from House staff and faculty.
Awards, Certifications & AffiliationsThe Department of Medicine is working towards JCIA recognition.